The secretariat prepares information for the board
.and ensures that decisions of board members are acted upon. We work closely with the Data Service
in administering the specification and publication of further education data standards.
The information authority secretariat staff:
- John Perks, Head of the secretariat
- Amandeep Samra, Team Administrator
- Pete Ashton, Head of Data Management
- Richard Jones, Data Standards Manager
- Sharon King, Data Specification Developer
- Syed Naqvi, Standards Development Advisor
- Lisa Macdougall, Data Specification Manager
- Mamunur Rahman, Industrial Placement
- Mark Shield, Data Specification Developer
- David Tait, Senior Data Manager
Community and Stakeholder Engagement Team
- Anne Fessi, Community and Stakeholder Manager
- Selvy Kasparis, Stakeholder Engagement Manager
- Paul Kelman, Stakeholder Engagement Manager
- Fazia Saleem, Communication and Marketing Manager
- Greta Smalley, Community Facilitator
The duties of the secretariat are to:
- Assess new requests for data and balance need against burden before making recommendations to our board.
- Receive representations from further education organisations on the practicality and workability of standards, collection and dissemination processes.
- Publish and promote all of the standards agreed by our board.
- Support our board in communicating decisions.
- Work with the Information Standards Board on common standards.